• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

DCIV

Get under there and yank on them and try to push the unions apart with your hands or small prybar. The nut and taper will not likely move, but if the taper shaft comes out of the socket to any noticeable degree you have a worn arm which needs replaced.

I can't find if you mentioned the year, but the gen 1 HMMWVs have a known weak steering. Very easy to yank the idler arm out of its socket, in my case... Hummer Parts Guy has the official patch, new stronger pitman and idler, or one can upgrade the entire linkage to A1/H1. I'm leaning towards the latter, once I raise funds.

Bulldogger
It’s an 85 that was redone in 07. Don’t know if it got any sort of upgrade. The steering (just driving) feels great and tracks nicely actually. Doesn’t mean that isn’t my issue. Thank you, I will go grab and yank on it.

Wire Fox

We've officially killed that "excellent deal" we had earlier on the glow plugs and gasket set. They're now $66 each and he suddenly has 90 more of them. Still a fair deal, but not the door buster of a few days ago!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We've officially killed that "excellent deal" we had earlier on the glow plugs and gasket set. They're now $66 each and he suddenly has 90 more of them. Still a fair deal, but not the door buster of a few days ago!

Thanks for the original scope it out for us and the shout out ;-)

Mario

Got 3 set ordered.
1 for immediate glow plugs I need
1 spare for George
1 spare for me

Thanks

FKAM

Because of your original post, I was able to get a few at the original price. Thanx

shawnshumvee

Finished the install on my tach, it didn't work, ordered a new tach sending unit, trouble shooting gives me erratic resistance readings when I spin the sender so I hope that is the issue, all wires check out fine. Also installed new volt meter, same model I put in my 5 ton, I really like it. And yes tach is not in one of the "approved" locations but I like the location, even enough room to install the air restriction gauge (next project).

View attachment 715615View attachment 715616View attachment 715617
Nice location for the Tach. Where did you get that idea? Awesome location.

twisted60

Another member installed in the same location, I just copied his idea, there is also enough room left to reinstall the Air Restriction Gauge. Best thing is I can see it perfectly while driving. I recommend this location.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks